Thursday, May 20, 2010

What if . . . time marchs on?

What if...some may say easy come easy go? Many of you may have heard this I have been thinking about how fast life goes while life is happening. My son, my firstborn turned 22 yesterday - what a good day. I believe that he chose me to be his mom, after all I was on earth first:). See I can excuse a lot of my imperfections that way as well. No really I believe with all of my heart and soul that so many of us worry about time slipping through our fingers maybe if I could ease up on myself then I could really just enjoy the day. I try to be pretty grounded about life knowing that we all get just one but it is time markers like yesterday that are really solid reminders that if I doubt that I have lost my way in this it is time to remember that after all it is just TIME! I had a small family dinner for him last night and I just really drank in the moment with simple gratitude of his smile, his laugh, his life. I was grateful that my mom could help me prepare the food (since my legs are not quite connecting with my brain yet) but you see I was still able to sit (something I am very good at) and be just BE with the family. The sun was setting and the gifts were simple, kool-aide packets, gum, beef jerkey and you would think that I had given him well LIFE! Live it, try to love it! Momma J

No comments:

Post a Comment