Monday, June 7, 2010

What if . . . you almost died?

OK, here is my thought process stay with me for just a minute. The other day someone in Utah died, an actor. There was a lot of press. A few weeks ago there was a 'Rock' star that had a 'close call' with a brain bleed and he is getting a lot and I mean A L O T of press. If I died, someone would read the obituary and say 'oh that's too bad' pass the potatoes, please don't take this wrong I do not say this to evoke a pitty party, for me - it is truth. People are busy and they would pause take a breath maybe even bring my kids some nice dinners but then they have to go back on to life. I want to share something here and I have chosen this forum because I feel like rather than writing a book I can put myself out to the world people can read, or not, but this is just me, the whole, real ME. I have almost died twice, I have had the whole 'near' death experience and everything does it change my life? Sadly not forever because we must live and live richly. By that I mean that we must not live in fear, I believe that fear will hold one back. I have been in intensive care with problems related to my MS and at night when you hear the nurses and the machines and life creaps into my head and I think about my children, my parents, my loved ones, I wonder what was the last thing that I said to them? Have I done enough? Have you done enough? Now I never want people to read this and feel guilt release that like a balloon going up into the air, in fact, pick your favorite color, really imagine that. Back to the what would you do if you were dying? Funny thing I am the one with MS, I am the one that has lived through these experiences and I still get frustrated with my kids. I guess the message that I want to share is that What if . . . you knew that you were dying? I do know I am dying...newsflash...you are too. We are born to die. So my motto still stands, LOVE YOUR KIDS, LOVE YOUR GOD, AND LOVE EACH OTHER! Life - live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment